Monday, January 4, 2010

Obviously, Allah is God.

This is my first post. I am about to express my view regarding thousands of years old Arabic word – Allah. Strange it is sensational again in this part of the world, my country Malaysia. Almost all Muslims opposing the court allowing translation of the word ‘god’ is ‘Allah’ in Bahasa Melayu. Some Christians rejecting it too!

I think that particular judge (or judges) must be a person who cannot use BM at all or simply a grave judgement error in his career. I am admitting that my own BM or English are not that good than any ordinary Malaysians. But I will always try to make it simple and facts are not wrong.

According to BM/English dictionary, tuhan is god. The word Allah is not BM but Arabic. Perhaps Allah is god in Arabic but the issue now is translating into BM. To cross-check whether tuhan (god) is Allah, you may translate any of the Nicene Creed in BM but replace all tuhan as Allah. You may opt to put Allah in place of anyone of the trinity (choose either Jesus, Spirit, Father or combination as you wish). Sound funny?

If that is not enough, use the same formula in Tamil, Japanese and particularly Hebrew. Nevertheless, everyone should respect the court decision. Therefore our first Rukun Negara can be read as 'Kepercayaan kepada Allah' by every citizen particularly during school assembly.

I am not a joker……you should ask The Herald editors if they are. Nevertheless, the underlying objective is the real issue. Why they are seriously disrespect other faith?
Ironically, the ruling is actually a big win to Islam. You don’t have to ask any muslim scholars, just ask why the word Allah was erased from the previous English version of authorised bible?

No comments:

Post a Comment